I need something easy to pull me back to the blog, and Suzanne cosmically offered it to me.
The fine print: Post a picture of yourself, tell us 11 things we might not know about you, then write 11 new questions and tag some friends to play along (let them know you tagged them!) (<—lifted exactly from Suzanne’s post. I’m THAT
11 Things About Me:
- I’m left handed.
- I’ve had my nose pierced for 20 years. It’s the only time I’ve ever been ahead of a trend.
- I grew up in the California Bay Area, but now live in Central Virginia. Dorothy, we are not in Kansas anymore.
- I have an amazing network of friends that I’ve never actually met. Seriously y’all. These women are some of my closest friends, and our friendships exist entirely in the virtual world.
- When I was 3 or 4, the four front teeth on my upper jaw needed to be capped. The caps were silver. I had a grill before it was a thing. (Oh! This makes me reconsider #2.)
- I’m short and loud. (Pretend you’re surprised about the ‘loud’ part.)
- I used to be a respite volunteer for a hospice. It was an amazing experience.
- I have been a reproductive rights activist since I knew what an abortion was. So, sometime around 3rd grade.
- I have no idea what’s happening in pop culture. I sort of tried to watch the Oscars, and didn’t know who half the actors were. (See also: I’m old.)
- I don’t think I could live without bread. Or music. Or books. Okay, so this list could get long.
- I’m terrible at thinking of things to say about myself. Really. I’ve spent an hour on this… Is there anything you want to know?
Here are the questions Suzanne posed:
1. What is your favorite color and has it changed over the years?
It’s red, and it’s definitely changed over the years. I used to prefer blue over other colors. I also really like orange, which I used to hate.
2. How well do you remember your first kiss? Details, please.
Ha! I don’t remember it at all. I’m not sure what that says about me…
3. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
Anywhere with a beach and good food. I don’t have a lot of experience vacationing in places that don’t involve visiting relatives (though I’m aiming to change that), but the places that I find the most restful are on the ocean.
4. How many siblings do you have and are they older or younger?
I’m the oldest of four. My immediately closest sister is 2 years younger than me, then my brother is 17 years younger than me, and then my sister who is 21 years younger than me.
5. What are the baby names you used to LOVE but haven’t/wouldn’t ever use?
I got nothin’ for this.
6. What was your first car?
The first car I ever bought was a 1976 SuperBug convertible. It was purple. After about a week I hated it.
7. How do you feel about trivia games?
LOVE THEM. (Unless there are pop culture questions. And then I’m sunk.)
8. What is the worst job you’ve ever had?
I had a job doing data entry for a distribution company. I was terrible at it. It wasn’t a bad job, I just couldn’t ever manage to get the 16 character product numbers input in the right order. I’m pretty sure the account I was in charge of wasn’t sad to see me go.
9. What movie do you watch every time it’s on TV (even though you probably own it)?
When Harry Met Sally.
10. Do you collect anything?
Not intentionally, though I do have a small collection of various star things. A star signet ring. Several star ornaments, etc. Oh! I just remember. I collect those goofy souvenir pressed pennies. I try to get one every place we go.
11. What color is your house and would you change it if you could?
It’s a light yellow. I’d change it if I could. I’d like a dusty, steel blue, with bright white trim, and a bright red door. Someday….
- Where have you lived in the course of your life?
- Where would you like to live before you die?
- What do you think about before you go to bed at night?
- Do you have a bike? Do you ride it?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s the last great book you read?
- What’s a song that tells your story?
- What’s your favorite smell?
- Would you do things differently if you could go back and have a do-over?
- Who would play you in the movie?
- Do you have a favorite cocktail? What is it?
Okay, I’m supposed to tag some other blogs, but I’m lousy at chain letters. HOWEVER – I LOVE to learn more about you, so answer some or all of the questions in the comments. Or, better yet, answer on your blog, and let me know you did.
Happy Monday, y’all!